Sunday, February 22, 2009

To Helvetia and Beyond!




My lovely friend sent me this one. Being a big fan of Helvetica, I don't know if I agree with it, but I must say that it seems to hold some truth.

When I was at a book release party this past weekend, I began randomly talking to a woman who happend to be a local designer. I asked her what she thought of Helvetica, and she gave a very insightful answer.

She told me that it doesn't matter what font you use, as long as it communicates the message properly. She went on to say that she uses Helvetica, but only when it is appropriate. I think we can all learn something from this insight. It's so easy to get wraped up in your personal opinion of whats good and whats not. If we all focused on telling the right story and conveying the proper message, image how much less shit would be out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment